Wednesday 10 July 2013

Crazy Cupcake Day in Room 8

Fun, fun, fun - what a fantastic and delicious day!  
The 'theme' for the day was collaboration and great team work.  We discussed working positively together (a Reremoana School Learning Competency) to make the day positive for everyone in the class.  Students bus stopped around a selection of activities throughout the course of the day based around 'Cupcakes'. 
* Baking the cupcakes - maths/measurement
* Scrapbook cupcakes - art/design
* Recipe books/language activity - spelling/reading
* Draw a net (3 dimensional shape) for a cupcake box - maths/geometry/measurement
* ICT - taking photo's/computer activities related to baking

A particular thanks to the parents/volunteers that helped us with this learning experience.  
Thank you to Mr Warn (guest judge) and Mr Blake for judging the winners - Callum, Ella, Irza.  




10 comments:

  1. Thank you for organizing this, Janke was super excited and enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT MY COOLEST DAY OF MY LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

    Jessika

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU MISS HARLAND!

    ReplyDelete


  5. THANKS MISS HARLAND

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha I am pleased to hear this Mrs Maritz, I had loads of fun too! I have some really fun learning for Term 3 planned too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED THE CUPCAKE DAY!!! ELLA

    I HAD SO MUCH FUN WHEN I GOT HOME I TOLD MY FAMILY ALL ABOUT IT BROOKLYN

    ME TO LOVE ELLA AND BROOKLYN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to know why there wasn't any cupcakes for me. It sounds like you had a lovely time though. Love from Mrs Bennett.

    ReplyDelete